Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Buying an Iphone on your own terms.....Its NOT EASY!!!

So yesterday on my lunch hour I decided I would test my options of purchasing a NEW Iphone direct from Rogers....In a nutshell I wasted my 30 min lunch (not like I eat anything anyway) and it was a very frustrating 30 minutes.

I knew Rogers Wireless Customer Service was "not good", but let me tell you...it is HORRIBLE.

I phoned the Wireless Inquiries phone # and let them know that I am looking to buy an Iphone 3G or 3GS OUTRIGHT and I wanted to get pricing from them....They told me I had the wrong department but they would transfer me...ok great. They transferred me to some dude, again I explained my question, he told me "Sorry Sir, I cant help you, I work for Rogers Cable (aka TV)"...Interesting....Can you transfer me to the RIGHT person...He says sure, but before he let me go he had to ask me if I am happy with my current cable company....Uh ya....It is just fuc%en great, that is not what I am phoning about (of course I didnt SAY thought....But let me tell ya I thought it!!!)....So I get transferred again....Now I end up with someone wanting to Top Up my bloody minutes....I nicely and sternly told them can you PLEASE PLEASE get this straight...Here is my question.....Now transfer me to the RIGHT FREEKIN PERSON....About 10 minutes later I am talking to the RIGHT PERSON.....YIPPPEEEE

So here we go again, I am looking to buy an Iphone 3G or 3GS OUTRIGHT, could you please give me the costs. "Oh well sir I am not sure if we sell them without a contract", I say "um yip I am pretty sure you do, and I kinda thought you would know that since you work there".....She says she is going to check for me....Oh hold....holding.....She comes back on the line...Oh yes sir you are correct we do.....BUT....before I give you that information here are the zillion reasons why you should not do that "insert lame ass reasons here".........and now let me tell you about our great Voice and Data Plans........."insert a bunch of $hit here"...........Ok now I am seriously starting to get frustrated (and that kinda takes alot....but this has been an f'in lot!!!).........So............

I finally cut her off and said, look I have no interest in your plans and I have no interest in why you think I should NOT do this....I know what I want to do can you just please give me the prices...ok sure.....

I have the prices written down, but I think they were something like
Iphone 3G 8 GB - $599
Iphone 3G 16 GB - $699
Iphone 3GS 16 GB - $799
Iphone 3GS 32 GB - $899

Ok that is what I wanted....Then she gave me an interesting tip....You can get a "almost new" Iphone 3G 16GB for (i think) $499. It was used guaranteed less then 30 days and is now a refurb but it would save you a couple hundred dollars.....hmmm ok...good tip. She told me I would have to phone my local Rogers dealer (aka Airsource) to buy one of these....ok I will do that....

So I phone 4 Airsource locations in Saskatoon....They tell me they dont know what Rogers is talking about...They do NOT sell refurbed Iphones....Yip thats fuc%in splendid!!!!!

SALES QUESTION - I dont understand Rogers thinking....They will seemingly do anything and everything they can to NOT sell me an Iphone that I wont commit to a 3 year contract on. BUT - If I were to buy say a 3GS 16GB I will be giving Rogers $799.....and not only that....this phone is LOCKED TO ROGERS....So obiously they are going to be getting SOME money monthly out of me??? WTF??? They are basically forcing me into looking on Ebay for an unlocked phone and then talk to them after about my monthly plan......So didnt you (Rogers) just screw yourself out of $799???? What the hell am I missing here? I dont get their whole hesitation from just letting me buy a dam Iphone?????

On a positive note....Our doggie got a Patriots jersey (see pic below)....Such a smart dog cheering for Randy Moss and the best team ever :-) (ps - Giants suck)

Anyway that is todays bitch fest....Thanks for listening....All comments are appreciated :-)

D-Out

**This is a Scheduled Post for Wednesday at 12:15pm****

8 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Peeps is not wearing a jersy, it is a bandana :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

...stupid Rogers...

Jen said...

Well, I don't think I'll be switching to Rogers any time soon. I'll stick with my crappy Sasktel!

Anonymous said...

would you still have the same issues if you went with your other possible idea of a Blackberry Storm? I'm assuming yes, cuz you still gotta deal with Rogers?? Yea, they suck! They only want you if you commit to a 1+ year plan. A$$-hats. LOL. Julia :)

Lynne said...

Hi Derek; It's bloody ridiculous what you went through with Rogers today. The staff you dealt with should be fired on the spot. I'm maxed out with retail, sick and fed up of bull-shit from management, and every year that I work with the public, they give me a zillion more reasons to hate them, because for the most part, they are selfish pigs. Now we've both had our 'bitch-fest', and I support you all the way. I'd like nothing more than to take a lot of f***in' bastards to court. I had a really good day too, Derek. Can't you tell! Take care.

Lynne said...

Peeps' bandana is awesome. Go Patriots Go!!!! Hey Derek, are you happier with Tom Brady this past week? Have a good day!

Lynne said...

Ya know Derek, I never thought I'd swear in my life time, but the more pissed off I get with society, the more I swear.Or can I blame it on you??????hehehehe

Lynne said...

Derek; Just a reminder that you'll want to update your Blog List from "Out With the 80's" to "Three Trees". Have a good day!